Kaiser wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All

Well Ive been tinkering about with getting sky to work on my

bedroom TV
which is being piped from my digibox downstairs, I'm doing this

whilst
waiting for my new kit to arrive to go the whole hog and wire most

of
the house for TV/SAT/DVD etc. I am however having some picture

issues
with the satellite channel on the upstairs TV!!

My setup is simple Satellite cable from the RF2 Output of the

digibox
running outside and then into the bedroom TV straight into the back

of
the TV. I also have a digieye gadget which I can use ok but have
removed during the troubleshooting process.

Initially I thought the problems were down to poor grade cable but

Ive
just finished changing this (Satellite grade cable from B and Q,

copper
braid and what looks like silver foil) and still no joy. Other

analogue
channels are perfectly clear and the sky reception on the main TV

is
also spot on. The cable run is approximately 5 metres or so. The
picture is not ghosting or anything but fuzzy or maybe you'd call

it
grainy.

Any ideas? do I need a booster for this short cable run?

I have a similar setup with around 12 meters of cable, no problems at

all
with the satallite picture, but grainy on Ch5 analoge. I put that

down to a
weak signal on Ch5 as its from the same transmitter.

Im worried that when I come to run the RF Out up to the loft box

when
my kit arrives the problem will only get worse by just amplifying

the
crap signal

It sounds like cross channel interference as you say your analogue

channels
are fine. The satellite channel is normally set to 68 so you may have

another channel very close to that frequency.

You were right on the money, just tried about 10 different channels and
found one which is now giving me superb reception.

Thanks everyone for all your input

Bed time now......

Cheers

Richard