Gary Cavie wrote:
In article .com,
says...
Hello All

Well Ive been tinkering about with getting sky to work on my

bedroom TV
which is being piped from my digibox downstairs, I'm doing this

whilst
waiting for my new kit to arrive to go the whole hog and wire most

of
the house for TV/SAT/DVD etc. I am however having some picture

issues
with the satellite channel on the upstairs TV!!

My setup is simple Satellite cable from the RF2 Output of the

digibox
running outside and then into the bedroom TV straight into the back

of
the TV. I also have a digieye gadget which I can use ok but have
removed during the troubleshooting process.

Initially I thought the problems were down to poor grade cable but

Ive
just finished changing this (Satellite grade cable from B and Q,

copper
braid and what looks like silver foil) and still no joy. Other

analogue
channels are perfectly clear and the sky reception on the main TV

is
also spot on. The cable run is approximately 5 metres or so. The
picture is not ghosting or anything but fuzzy or maybe you'd call

it
grainy.

Any ideas? do I need a booster for this short cable run?

Im worried that when I come to run the RF Out up to the loft box

when
my kit arrives the problem will only get worse by just amplifying

the
crap signal

TIA

Richard

Can you take the main TV into the bedroom, and tune it in to work off

of
the RF2 cable? That should at least prove whether it is either the

cable
or TV tuning which is out. Alternatively leave the main Tv where it

is,
and just run a cable from RF2 to the TV, and unhook the SCART, which

will
prove whether the RF2 output is working OK.

There can only really be three problem areas, RF2, cable, or bedroom

TV,
and trying the suggestions above should show which it is.

HTH

Gary

No chance it weighs an absolute ton cannot shift it anywhere without 2
strong adults!

Ok I tried doing what you suggested I took another portable downstairs
and tried rigging that up with a different cable to the RF Out still
the same. Also using that same cable ran it to the main tv after
disconnecting the scart same again (Good analogue, grainy sat)
I dont think its the cable seems to be getting same results with 2 made
up cables and an RF flylead, and its not the TV must be the channel its
tuned to which i think is 68.

Thanks Richard