Leon

"Mr Fixit eh" wrote in message
ups.com...
msschm and Larry: I clamped the dial indicator to the crosscut sled
about midway between the front and back fences. The blade is OUT OF
ALIGNMENT with the sled by .008", How can this be, I ask when the
blade is within .0005 to the left-hand miterslot?

So I check Leon's suggestion and test the alignment of the right side
miter slot. Guess what, it's out by .011. There must have been enough
slack in the left-hand slot that the crosscut sled is tracking mostly
to the right-side miter slot.

Is this a new saw? If so see if the manufacturer will get yo a new TS top
and begin the alignment fun again.

And now my question becomes, Ok, how do I correct for the misaligned
miter slots to overcome this problem. O yeah, once I fix this miter
slot, how can I re-align my crosscut sled .

I do not think you can other than using the slot that is actually parallel
to the blade and do not use the other slot. Remove the sled runner that
fits in the slot that is not parallel.