Bob S.

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

That product for septic systems, Rid-X, is it any good ?

or, just "good" advertising ?

Any thoughts on would be appreciated.

Bob

I guess you'd appreciate an honest opinion instead of a wise-ass remark
about now.

Yes, it's a good product as are many other brands. All are concentrated
bacteria designed to breakdown organic material in your septic tank.

What is more important, however, is what else is going down the septic
system. If you flush comdoms, Kotex pads, plastic trash, etc., no
amount of Rid-x is going to do you any good.

If you can lift the flush-out lid on your tank, take a look inside. In
a properly maintained tank there should be little to no material
floating on the surface of the sewage. That means the tank has
sufficient bacteria to handle the products going into it.

I use Rid-x about every 4-6 weeks and am careful about what goes into
the tank. After 10 years of use there was about 1" of sludge on the
bottom of the tank. At that rate it may never need pumping out again.
Bob S.