Mike

"Rich" wrote in message
On 2 Feb 2005 23:13:08 GMT, Rod Hewitt
wrote:

(Rich) wrote in
:

I have a tent, made of white nylon. I'd like it to be green. Can I dye
it with Dylon or suchlike? I'm not sure if dye will take to nylon...

Apparently (my partner knows her stuff on this) you can only get
pastel/pale colours (at best) by dying nylon at home. Commercially, very
special dyes and processes are used for this - no way achievable DIY.

Thanks for the replies. My other option would be to spray it with
something.

The kind of ink used in marker pens seems to be capapble of writing
indelibly on nylon, so perhaps a similar ink or liquid is available in
a bottle?

It might be 'indelible' but it will creep out of nylon when wet. The dye is
normally added when the fibres are drawn and so bonded it. There are
polymer paints which would work but the tent would get heavier and not
breathe as well.