John

Hard to believe the sled is not tracking to the blade considering the
sled is tracking to the miter slot (via miter bar), and he said the
blade is parallel to the miter slot

John

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:59:59 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

"Mr Fixit eh" wrote in message
oups.com...
Leon
The sled uses both miter slots.

The chipout is on the upward-facing surface. The surface that rests on
the sled is purrrfect n pretty.

Then I suspect that you sled is not tracking parallel to the blade. The
back side of the blade is cutting again. Only the front side of the blade
should be doing the cutting.

I don't get burning when I use my 40 tooth combination blade, but I
figure it's because the 40 tooth blade is just more forgiving.

Or better suited. I use a 40 tooth WWII for "Everything" I threw my 100+
tooth blades away after using the Forrest.

Bob, I like the idea of the clamps, I will try to add clamps to the
sled at some point. I'm pretty sure that the burning is not from panel
movement on the sled because the burning is so consistent, but I could
be wrong. I will try to jury-rig some clamps to see if I can rule it
out one way or the other.

How much runout can a blade have before it would cause burning?

Mr Fixit eh