Mr Fixit eh

Woodchuck: not offended, but yes the blade is installed with the teeth
facing towards the front of the saw. What's DAMHIKT?

Brid...: the fence is perfectly straight and rigid.

Leon says, Then I suspect that you sled is not tracking parallel to
the=AD blade. The sled is tracking parallel to the miter slot within
0=2E001. Are you thinking that the fence is not truly 90 degrees to the
saw blade?

Leon says, Or better suited. I use a 40 tooth WWII for "Everything"
I=AD threw my 100+
tooth blades away after using the Forrest. I called Oldham customer
service. They said that this blade is not specifically designed for
cutting melamine. They have a specialty blade with 80 teeth and a
negative 10 degree hook angle ATB tooth. She said to try cutting a
plywood panel, and if it doesn't burn then it is just the blade is not
compatible with this material. I asked if the .002 runout could cause
the burning and she didn't know what the specs on the blade were.

Is it possible that 0.002 runout could cause burning?

Thanks very much for all your replies, much appreciated.