Joe Gorman

Robert Bonomi wrote:
In article ,
Charlie Self wrote:

Slowhand responds:

That's a broad open-ended question. Maybe you are a candidate for
quick and dirty pocket-hole joinery.

Or even a couple 16d nails.

Of course that presents another set of criteria.
1. Galvanized?
2. Common or Box?
3. Finish or Sinker head

Or scaffold.

smooth or ring shank?

Ah, well scaffold nails are meant to be pulled, so I'd like smooth shanks.

I'd never heard of a scaffold nail. Here in O-ree-gone we call them duplex
nails. Or the slang "dupes".
SH

Ah, well. The news had to get there sooner or later. First time I heard them
called scaffold nails was some time around '56, while--oddly enough--getting
ready to build a scaffold. My boss sent me off to get some, with me thinking it
was a new version of a left-handed monkey wrench search. It wasn't.

And left-handed monkey wrenches actually *do* exist, too.

I've got one in my toolbox.

left-hand thread on the adjustable jaw.

I always thought the teeth on the jaws were cut opposite so they
bit in when lifting. Guy I worked with,in the Navy, supposedly
was sent to get one. He was the type of guy that deserved it at
the time. He had a friend who found them in a set, special order
of course, for the price of a small car at the time. Early 70's.
Took the chit back to have it initialed. His boss thought the
supply guy was helping him out so he signed it. Guy I knew was
transferred to another work center when they arrived.
Joe