tiredofspam

I thought about that answer... and I don't know how that could be... The
blade would cut a new slot no matter what alignment.... The piece being
cut would be out of square... but the sled should have no effect.

Now are you possibly moving too slowly trying to eliminate
chipout/tearout... This could explain the burning. You must move at a
reasonable rate... the blade not being in alignment will cause a certain
amount of burn, but .002 is not going to burn noticeably...

Oldhams have not received high marks in tests.... Try a better blade if
all else fails. WWII is a great general purpose blade. I believe Forrest
sells a laminate blade. I think freud blades do much better than Oldham.....

toller wrote:
If it burns with a sled, but not without, then something about the sled is
not square; either the sled or the miter slots.

More teeth are more likely to burn; if you can try a 60 or 80 tooth blade...