Leon

"Mr Fixit eh" wrote in message
oups.com...

Snip

I'v run cuts without the crosscut sled and there is no signs of
burning. With the crosscut sled--burn marks.

When you cut WITH the cross cut sled are you feeding the wood from the same
side of the blade as when NOT using the cross cut sled? Some times miter
slots are not parallel. Does your sled use the same miter slot that you
used to tune the TS?

I tried raising the
blade up, but that does not help improve the burning. It did result in
worse chipout, however.

More chip out sounds normal especially if the path runs towards the blade.
If there is less or no chip from the other side of the blade your saw could
still not be tweaked enough or the blade is not good, new or not.

Any ideas about what to do?

Try another blade. If the burning is less I would suspect the blade. Try
cutting from the other side of the blade. If the burning is less your TS is
still probably not set up properly.

Mr Fixit eh