Cicero

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
We have a water damaged living room ceiling. The two builders we had
round for quotes tell us that it is a lath and plaster ceiling.
However, today the claims assessor tells us that it is plasterboard.

And here is my quandary: - is there any straightforward way of telling
how the ceiling is constructed? (I couldn't find anything in Google).

Thanks in advance

Ian

You could use a magnet to detect nails which will be much closer together
(about 1" apart) for lath / plaster than for plasterboard. Of course you'll
have to find a joist but that shouldn't be difficult.

Cic.