brugnospamsia

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
We have a water damaged living room ceiling. The two builders we had
round for quotes tell us that it is a lath and plaster ceiling.
However, today the claims assessor tells us that it is plasterboard.

And here is my quandary: - is there any straightforward way of telling
how the ceiling is constructed? (I couldn't find anything in Google).

Only real way would be to lift a floorboard upstairs.
Failing that, poke at the damaged bit with a broom handle. If it's lath and
plaster half a tonne of crud'll fall down..

Badly finished plasterboard ceilings sometimes have visible lines where the
boards meet.