Mark Hewitt

"nightjar .uk.com" nightjar@insert_my_surname_here wrote in message

Why not simply get a bigger washing machine? My LG washing machine fits in
the same space as the previous machine, but takes about twice the load.

Well that's certainly an option, but then maybe I can get an LG washing
machine and have twice the load plus the existing load )

Otherwise, it is a fairly simple bit of plumbing to add extra taps to run
a second machine and, if you are not running both at once, you can use the
same drain upstand. Mind you, unless you are running the machines at
night, to use off-peak electricity, I don't see the advantage of running
one machine at a time, as compared to unloading one and running it a
second time.

It's not about off peak electricity. It's bascially about being able to load
the machines up, go off to work, or off to bed, and then get then washing
out later. If I was around all the time to put washing in and out then it
wouldn't really be an issue.