nightjar

"Mark Hewitt" wrote in message
Not that er-indoors would like the idea.. but since our dryer has broken
we now have a space where we could put a second washing machine if we
wanted.

It's a slightly complex issue to do with dust allergies but suffice to say
I do a *lot* of washing and so having two machines would be a great
advantage.

My question is, it is possible or practical to have two machines side by
side? Can they be somehow both be fed of the same hot and cold water feed?
How would the drainage be arranged? I know that our water system wouldn't
be able to cope with both machines running at once but our existing one
has a delay start function so one could be set to start just after the
other finishes.

Why not simply get a bigger washing machine? My LG washing machine fits in
the same space as the previous machine, but takes about twice the load.

Otherwise, it is a fairly simple bit of plumbing to add extra taps to run a
second machine and, if you are not running both at once, you can use the
same drain upstand. Mind you, unless you are running the machines at night,
to use off-peak electricity, I don't see the advantage of running one
machine at a time, as compared to unloading one and running it a second
time.

Colin Bignell