T.B.

the charger on my 19.2 set went bad and now i'm shopping on ebay for one.
sears tried talking me into just buying a new drill/charger set. what a
waste!

TB

"Rein" wrote in message
On 7 Jan 2005 16:03:16 GMT, Jim Yanik . wrote:

PJx wrote in
:

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:15:53 -0500, "PeteXX"
wrote:

I ahve a Sears drill with a rechargeable battery pack. The battery

pack
will no longer recharge. Can these be repaired? Is the cost too high?
Thanks.

No one will repair it 'chep'. You can however, buy tabbed
batteries on ebay and replace the defective batteries yourself (if you
can solder).

He could get an estimate from a store that does battery rebuilds.
He could take the model number of the drill/batt.pack to Sears and see

what
a new pack costs.
Then he could determine whether it's worthwhile to repair or replace the
pack,or go for a new drill.(hopefully with TWO batt.packs)

I took a defective 18 volt craftsman into sears a couple months ago..
they no longer had repalcement batteries for it. the newer 18 volt
packs are differnet and won't fit. Ended up buying a new set. Got a
perfectly fine drill that I habe no battery for. How do these packs
open ? seems all sealed to me.