Duane Bozarth

James Madison III wrote:
Yes, I can see how doing a string between the front and back iron rods would
be best. I would have to destroy about 80 feet of fence to do that though

I think I'll tie on to the front rod, then tie on to the last fence post,
then go a few inches in just to be safe as you suggested. Thanks for the
info.

If you can find both rods, it should be pretty easy to run a line of
sight line down the existing fence to the other rod to see if it is
inside or on the line.

I've not read whole thread, but if nobody has mentioned it, since you
mentioned going towards the street be sure you know what zoning rules
(if any) apply or subdivision covenants.