SteveB

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
oups.com...
The group might be interested in reading this article....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._young_drivers

Talking on a cell phone makes you drive like a retiree - even if
you're only a teen, a new study shows. A report from the University of
Utah says when motorists between 18 and 25 talk on cell phones, they
drive like elderly people - moving and reacting more slowly and
increasing their risk of accidents.

more stuff snipped

Thank you. I reported this once before, but couldn't cite the URL to the
article. I was severely chastized, and nearly beaten for suggesting such a
study took place, and was challenged by some moron to produce the URL. I am
aging, but still have enough active brain cells left to retain something I
read. I just don't have enough cells to categorize everything and have
instant recall. In the article I recall, it compares cell phone addicted
drivers to drunks, but may also have comparisons to the elderly. I just
think it is fairer to compare them to drunks than to us old farts. I see
more young people with a cell in their ear while driving than older drivers.

Steve