Dave Hinz

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:50:28 -0800, Lane wrote:
I work for a small shop that makes aircraft parts. What they are using for
part marking is a little hand held rubber stamp thing that holds a couple of
lines of individual letters and numbers. It is time consuming and tedious,
you have to use tweezers in set each character. There has got to be
something better.

When I was doing FAA/PMA manufacturing and design work, we had the stamps
also. We bought library-type stampers where the digits are on a band,
up and around, that you change to be whatever it needs to be. Worked
pretty well, and the FAA didn't have a problem with it.

We do quantities from 1 to a few dozen, but sometimes as many as 50, which
is rare. I found the hand stenciler that McMaster has on page 1752. Is this
a good set to use? Anyone have any other recommendations?

Talk to the folks you buy your stamp ink from, they should have a source.
http://www.aplusstamps.com/aplus-cart/date-stamps.php
shows kind of what I mean, but with a longer loop of numbers/letters
rather than a wheel. Clear as mud?

Dave Hinz