Gunner

On 2 Feb 2005 07:52:09 -0800, wrote:

I will be moving a Wells Index model 847 mill (vertical, Bridgeport
type knee mill) in the next several days. The move is pretty straight
forward. Basically it will consist of pulling it out of one garage,
lifting onto trailer, offloading from trailer and pushing it
approximately 10 ft into a garage. I have decided that the only easy /
safe way of doing this is with a forklift. Can anyone out there provide
some hints or advice to make this a safe easy move?

Thanks
Douglas

Lower the knee. Put a 2x4 on the fork that goes under the table side
of the ram. Put a piece of 3/4" stock on the fork that goes under the
back side of the ram. Make sure you have enough fork under the head
when lifing, Tilt back a bit past horizontal and go.

Oh..watch the table crank handles..crank the table away from the fork
lift. They can be expensive to replace.

How far are you going with it?

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)