SteveF

wrote in message
ps.com...
I will be moving a Wells Index model 847 mill (vertical, Bridgeport
type knee mill) in the next several days. The move is pretty straight
forward. Basically it will consist of pulling it out of one garage,
lifting onto trailer, offloading from trailer and pushing it
approximately 10 ft into a garage. I have decided that the only easy /
safe way of doing this is with a forklift. Can anyone out there provide
some hints or advice to make this a safe easy move?

Thanks
Douglas

The way I moved mine was to center the ram and put fork under each end and
lift. Block of wood on the fork so you don't ding things. This is how I was
told before but if this isn't the right way someone let me know as I'm
getting ready to move it again.

Steve.