Tim Killian

Before the move, brace the head against the table with some stout
blocking to minimize stress on the column. If you are hiring a rigger,
ask them for a lift operator who has some experience with this type of
move. Height is going to be an issue with most garage doors.

wrote:

I will be moving a Wells Index model 847 mill (vertical, Bridgeport
type knee mill) in the next several days. The move is pretty straight
forward. Basically it will consist of pulling it out of one garage,
lifting onto trailer, offloading from trailer and pushing it
approximately 10 ft into a garage. I have decided that the only easy /
safe way of doing this is with a forklift. Can anyone out there provide
some hints or advice to make this a safe easy move?

Thanks
Douglas