On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:33:55 -0500, Rob Mitchell
wrote:

Matthew wrote:

There is no such conclusion implied. You're looking at this from the wrong
direction. It is obviously incorrect to suppose that all Muslims are
terrorists; however, it is equally obvious that nearly all terrorists are
Muslims, primarily Muslims from the middle east. And thus, if you're
trying to
find terrorists, it clearly makes more sense to look for them among middle
eastern Muslims than among Scandinavian Christians or southeast Asian
Buddhists.

I think we should stop using the word terrorist because it conotes good
vs. bad.

I disagree. Terrorist is a rather exact term for what these people
are.

Try the word enemy. We have enemies. In any war the two
sides are enemies.

We have many enemies in the Muslim world who are not terrorists. Hell
we have plenty of non-terrorist enemies in France, Germany and here in
the United States. Fine. Let them rant and rave as much as they want.
As long as they are not actively trying to harm us they're entitled to
their opinions and the most we should do is try to persuade them.

The fact that someone is our enemy alone doesn't justify hunting them
down and killing them.

snip

BTW, the 'stop lists' contain more than just Muslims, as I found out.

Because not all our active enemies are Muslims. I hope that comes as a
surprise to no one.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.