Old Nick

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:52:56 -0600, James Holbrook
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Hi,
Just getting started in metalworking and looking for some ideas on a CAD
program.
I've used the CAD that came with eMachineShop and Rhino and like both of
them as they seem to be pretty logical in creating drawings.
I've tried TurboCAD, PowerCAD, CadStd, 3D MAX Plus, BobCAD-CAM, 3DS MAX
7 and a few others but weren't happy. (read.. I couldn't make drawings
as readily as with Rhino. IE I couldn't select something and change
dimentions of the object but had to delete it and do again.)

DesignCad 3d. Tried it. Liked it. Bought it. I was comparing it to
DeltaCad, a 2D package that seesm to be acknowledged as the easist CAD
package ever. It has just started languishing, because I was able to
suss DesignCad 3d so well.

You can alter the dimensions of any object, in any x,y,z, direction,
and reference it from any point, so it only stretches from that point,
not both ways etc etc. If the object already has a dimension on it,
select the dimension as well, and it will also readjust.

Excellent support and a good forum.

I tried Turbo Cad, and found just _Selecting_ was weird. It may have
changed.

I also tried Rhino years back, and hated it.

Maybe I just need to get CAD books or training to be happy with the
other CAD programs.

I think you need patience. You are possibly too tied up with Rhino's
ways. I have struck that even when a company brings out a new version
of the same programme.

As I said, for me there is good documentation, support and a forum.