Harold and Susan Vordos

"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote in message
I work for a small shop that makes aircraft parts. What they are using for
part marking is a little hand held rubber stamp thing that holds a couple

of
lines of individual letters and numbers. It is time consuming and tedious,
you have to use tweezers in set each character. There has got to be
something better.

We do quantities from 1 to a few dozen, but sometimes as many as 50, which
is rare. I found the hand stenciler that McMaster has on page 1752. Is

this
a good set to use? Anyone have any other recommendations?

Lane

You can use one of those hand markers that have belts of numbers and
characters in rows, with narrow wheels located between each belt of
characters, which rotates it, lining up the proper sequence. I used them
for years when stamping part numbers on items made for the aero-space and
defense industry. You might check with any shop that makes hand stamps.
They usually carry them. I used both methods and was much happier with the
tool I speak of.

Harold