carl mciver

"Lane" lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com wrote in message
| I work for a small shop that makes aircraft parts. What they are using for
| part marking is a little hand held rubber stamp thing that holds a couple
of
| lines of individual letters and numbers. It is time consuming and tedious,
| you have to use tweezers in set each character. There has got to be
| something better.
|
| We do quantities from 1 to a few dozen, but sometimes as many as 50, which
| is rare. I found the hand stenciler that McMaster has on page 1752. Is
this
| a good set to use? Anyone have any other recommendations?
|
| Lane

I used to work briefly for a company called Imaje Ink Jet. French
company, now part of Marsh(?) or something like that, but they do ink jet
printing for commercial and industrial stuff, from the code on your soda pop
to the part numbers printed on the tools you might buy, in all shapes and
fonts. I watched the lab custom mark golf balls for some event. Very cool.
They have a poster that shows a red headed little girl with a huge pink
bubble gum bubble, and a sort of scared look on her face. Company log is
printed ON the bubble. Not cheap, of course, but non-contact printing is
the way to go when it comes to odd shaped parts. You can program the
printer with the text or even custom characters, wave the part in front of
the head (or vice versa,) and voila, its done. Very low maintenance and the
ease of use is well worth the effort. They have US competitors, too.

I also know that a fine point ultrapermanent sharpie meets BAC
requirements!