Maverick Maverick is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Arulmozhi]
1) We would like a 3/4 bdrms 2 full baths (in NE anything that has a
toilet and at least a shower stall is defined as a full bath). This
house has 3 Bdrms and 1.5 baths with the ability to convert to 2 full
baths with the main bathroom on the first level and the half a bath in
the finished basement.

The formal dining area is in a
separate room on the same level as the kitchen but not adjacent to it
(it is opposite the kitchen). The kitchen is large enough to be made
into an eat-in-kitchen.

The house is in a spectacular neighborhood and is probably
the cheapest on the street. Every other house on the street except
this and one other house has a garage. If another house on the street
would go on sale we would most likely not be able to afford it (at
least 60k price difference).

Have you been inside other houses in this neighborhood ? You didn't mention what kind of flooring. Does it have the same qualitiy of materials and workmanship and square footage as the houses you are comparing it to ? Has it had any DIY work to it that is not well done ? We were in the market for a long time and it amazed me the differences in some houses in neighborhoods. I also had the opportunity to go in a few houses I had always loved (but well out of our price range) which were shocking inside. I thought they would be glamorous southern houses. but they had seventies panelling and wallpaper shag carpet, vinyl floors etc. I don't mean to imply your house is like that but it was surprising to see it in a wealthy neighborhood. Most of the surrounding houses had refinished hardwood floors , updated kitchens & baths,granite countertops tiled bathrooms, walk in closets, and all the other ammenites that buyers want in the newer houses.

Last edited by Maverick : February 4th 05 at 11:25 PM