Doug Winterburn

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:33:55 -0500, Rob Mitchell wrote:

I think we should stop using the word terrorist because it conotes good
vs. bad. Try the word enemy. We have enemies. In any war the two sides
are enemies. To the British, the IRA are terrorists who kill innocent
people. To some Irish people, they are just fighting to get rid of the
oppressors and are justified. Take your pick. Same with Tamils, or
Isrealis, same in the Sudan or Nigeria or...

Ask yourself why the enemy is attacking you and ask if we have harmed them
in any way, and we might be able to figure out how to stop the conflict,
or we might decide we need to fight harder.

BTW, the 'stop lists' contain more than just Muslims, as I found out.

I don't think we should ask why they are what they are or why they do
what they do, I think that rather than calling them "terrorists", we
should call them "Murderous assholes" and we should strive with all haste
to eradicate them, where ever they can be found. They are a cancer on the
human condition. Sorry if this isn't "PC" enough.

- Doug