Default Retaining Wall on New Construction - Please Help

Hi All,

We have placed a deposit on a new construction house on a cul-de-sac in
a mountain area of NJ. Everything was going great until today.

We realized that there will be two retaining walls on our property,
supporting the structure given that it's on the hill. The builder says
we are responsible for maintenance of the retaining walls, since they
are on our property. I'm hearing horror stories of how it can cost
100's of thousands of dollars to fix it, if something goes wrong with
them. Should I be as concerned as I am? Are there any options? Do these
things get covered by builder's warranty?(I guess this is a question
for NJ residents only)

The attorney review hasn't happened yet, so we CAN get out of it
still... should we?