Set Square

Dave P wrote:

As an aside... if the house WAS built with no lintels over the
original wooden-framed windows, could I get away with replacing them
like with like, or presumably would my BCO friend kick off at that
one? And presumably I'd still need to Acro everything up anyway
while the work was ongoing?

Dave

I don't claim any specific expertise in this, but I doubt whether a BCO
would accept a replacement without a lintel. The original frames probably
have substantial ears which are built into the walls. It may be difficult to
replicate this with replacements. Wood rots, anyway!

AIUI, the new windows will have to meet current energy efficiency regs - so
are unlikely to be exactly like for like.

Don't know about Acros. Depends on window width and what else is being held
up by the brickwork over the window. Get your structural engineer to advise.
--
Cheers,
Set Square