Dave Plowman

Default Capillary Fittings - How to Solder them Successfully (Version 2) - Was I LOVE Speedfit! - Soldering Capillary Fittings.txt (0/1)

In article ,
Phil Addison wrote:
'Wiping' in the context of my note indeed refers to wiping off the flux,
and I take Dave Plowman's point that the green residue from modern flux
is water soluble. Using classic Fluxite (a brown, greasy product), I
find that it wipes off easily when still quite hot, using a dry rag. A
dry rag will not chill and crystalise the joint, as "jerrybuilt"
explained.

I knew what you meant. ;-) And Fluxite will wipe off while the pipe is
still hot, but long after the solder has set. It just takes a little
experience to know when this is.

--
*Always borrow money from pessimists - they don't expect it back *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn