res055a5

from what i understand, the usual tung oil contains driers and spirits as
well as
tung oil to make it set faster and keep it thin enough to still use. Lee
Valley
sells 100% pure tung oil and two other varieties...check out the description
on
their webpage to see the differences.
rich

"Bill" wrote in message
I have seen several posts stating that Formby's Tung Oil Finish does not
actually contain any tung oil. Curiosity got the best of me and I
inquired and received a response from Fomby's. Response pasted below:

SUBJECT: Formby's Tung Oil Finish

Thank you for your inquiry. Here is the definitive answer: The
Formby's Tung Oil Finish does contain tung oil but is not 100% pure tung
oil. The Tung Oil Finish is a blend of tung nut oil and an alkyd
varnish resin. Unfortunately the formula is proprietary and we are
unable to provide the material composition ratios.

Sincerely,
Todd
Formby's Technical Service