Mike

I would advise against wood flooring in the kitchen based on personal
experience. But, if you insist, make sure you top coat with something
that is very resistant to water. Seems like lighter flooring would be
better since you are going with dark countertops and people generally
like a brighter kitchen. Maybe double coat the stain on the cabinets
and single coat of stain on the floors. I think matching the floor to
the cabinets would look strange, but I've seen worse.

wrote:
im about to remodel my kitchen. i want to get a golden oak floor,
golden oak cabinets and a dark solid surface counter top with

stainless
steel appliances. can you put the same color oak cabinets and floor

in
a kitchen, or will it look bad. i was told to have a contrast between
the floor and cabinets. i also have a oak kitchen table and chairs. i
really dont know how to contrast the cabinets vs the floor. do i need
darker oak cabinets or different woods all together?