Mike Henry

I've been using Alibre for a little over a year and would agree that it's a
terrific program. Easily one of the best software purchases I've made in
the past 5 years. Never could get the hang of DesignCad or IntelliCAD but I
was pretty productive after just a week or so with the downloadable
tutorials.

Mike

"Siggy" wrote in message
om...
I would recommend taking a look at Alibre Design (http://www.alibre.com).
Fully parametric 3D CAD for less that $1,000 per seat. I see lots of
suggestions for SolidWorks and SolidEdge but I think you'll find that
Alibre does almost everything they do for a small fraction of the price.

I used to be a diehard AutoCAD user but Alibre completely blows AC away
for 3D solid modeling.

Robert

"James Holbrook" wrote in message
Hi,
Just getting started in metalworking and looking for some ideas on a CAD
program.
I've used the CAD that came with eMachineShop and Rhino and like both of
them as they seem to be pretty logical in creating drawings.
I've tried TurboCAD, PowerCAD, CadStd, 3D MAX Plus, BobCAD-CAM, 3DS MAX 7
and a few others but weren't happy. (read.. I couldn't make drawings as
readily as with Rhino. IE I couldn't select something and change
dimentions of the object but had to delete it and do again.)
Maybe I just need to get CAD books or training to be happy with the other
CAD programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks
James