Michael Baglio

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:49:59 -0700,
wrote:

Looking for your creative ideas on how best to contain dust from a 12"
Dewalt dual-bevel miter saw.

It will be stationary on a bench. I will run a 6" DC line to it (S&D
most of the way, short flex the rest of the way)

I was thinking to build a hood around it and a single 6" port at the
back bottom. It miters 50 degrees L and R.

I would recommend the Shroud o' Manco. tm me

_If_ I lived north of where I do now, I'd have bought a clear plastic
window-well cover. (The "deep-dish" kind, not the sexy new
low-profile type.) Cut your hole in the back to fit your hose, epoxy
to bench and you should be good to go.

However, I live in North Carolina, (state motto: "Basements? Yew
plannin' on raisin' yersef sum cave crickets???") and there's _no_
call for the borgs to carry window-well covers.

So I duct-taped the hell out of a bunch of precisely cut pieces of
1/4" ply and formed a shell. Duct-taped that to the bench, drilled a
4-inch hole in the bench, shoved a PVC elbow through it, ran a bit of
pipe out the bottom and to the front of the bench, and when ready, I
just shove on the 4" flex hose let 'er rip.

It doesn't look pretty (1), but _nothing_ escapes the "Shroud o'
Manco".

I'll dig up a photo if you need one.

Michael Baglio
(1) Actually, I think it looks snazzy as hell.