Default ideas needed for dust hood/collection for miter saw

Looking for your creative ideas on how best to contain dust from a 12"
Dewalt dual-bevel miter saw.

It will be stationary on a bench. I will run a 6" DC line to it (S&D
most of the way, short flex the rest of the way)

I was thinking to build a hood around it and a single 6" port at the
back bottom. It miters 50 degrees L and R.

That looks pretty impressive.

I'm hoping I can fabricate something very similar. In the process I
plan to use 6" ducting vs 4". The airflow is double. I'll be taping
into my DC line.

I agree about the health concerns. If not already, you may want to
consider a good back for your DC. Those stock bags are not very good
at stopping the 10 micron particles which happen to be the ones that
lodge most deeply into your lungs. Much has been said about this
lately. DC mfgs really need to step up their efforts to start
collecting the small stuff.

I have one of those Jet canister DCs. It's suppose to be 2 micron,
but even that is not so whippy. I think their are after market
filters now in the 0.5 micron range.

You might want to check out
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyc...oneReviews.cfm

http://www.woodshopdemos.com/nprod-4.htm

Gus

Looking for your creative ideas on how best to contain dust from a 12"
Dewalt dual-bevel miter saw.

Penn State sells something called a "Big Gulp" hood for $20. I have
used it with great success on a RAS.

I imagine it would work as well on a miter saw and should be deep
enough to handle a SCMS.

Try this link:
http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant...teg ory_Code=