Will

I've used SolidEdge and found it fairly easy to use and to make changes.
It's constraint based, so when you change one thing, everything that would
depend on that dimension changes with it (assuming you constrained
everything properly to begin with, which I have messed up. doh). However, I
was using a free (compliments of GA Tech) educational version- I'm sure the
real version isn't cheap. And I never modeled anything that was actually
built/machined, so I don't know for sure that it is useful in that area. I
only used it for a design class.

-Will
"James Holbrook" wrote in message
Hi,
Just getting started in metalworking and looking for some ideas on a CAD
program.
I've used the CAD that came with eMachineShop and Rhino and like both of
them as they seem to be pretty logical in creating drawings.
I've tried TurboCAD, PowerCAD, CadStd, 3D MAX Plus, BobCAD-CAM, 3DS MAX 7
and a few others but weren't happy. (read.. I couldn't make drawings as
readily as with Rhino. IE I couldn't select something and change
dimentions of the object but had to delete it and do again.)
Maybe I just need to get CAD books or training to be happy with the other
CAD programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks
James