jack

James Holbrook wrote:
Hi,
Just getting started in metalworking and looking for some ideas on a CAD
program.
I've used the CAD that came with eMachineShop and Rhino and like both of
them as they seem to be pretty logical in creating drawings.
I've tried TurboCAD, PowerCAD, CadStd, 3D MAX Plus, BobCAD-CAM, 3DS MAX
7 and a few others but weren't happy. (read.. I couldn't make drawings
as readily as with Rhino. IE I couldn't select something and change
dimentions of the object but had to delete it and do again.)
Maybe I just need to get CAD books or training to be happy with the
other CAD programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks
James

Any of the Parametric Technology type programs (Pro Engineer,
SolidWorks, etc...) are the best at making changes in the middle of the
design process.... and YES they cost ALOT.