Errol Groff

My preferred CAD package is Design Cad 3000 published by Upperspace
Corp. Maybe because I am used to it I find it easy to use. It does
what I need (and a whole lot more) and is affordable at about, I
believe, $100.

I also use MasterCam for CAD/CAM application but at 12K it is a bit
steep.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Machine Tool Department

H.H. Ellis Technical High School
643 Upper Maple Street
Dantieson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:52:56 -0600, James Holbrook
wrote:

Hi,
Just getting started in metalworking and looking for some ideas on a CAD
program.
I've used the CAD that came with eMachineShop and Rhino and like both of
them as they seem to be pretty logical in creating drawings.
I've tried TurboCAD, PowerCAD, CadStd, 3D MAX Plus, BobCAD-CAM, 3DS MAX
7 and a few others but weren't happy. (read.. I couldn't make drawings
as readily as with Rhino. IE I couldn't select something and change
dimentions of the object but had to delete it and do again.)
Maybe I just need to get CAD books or training to be happy with the
other CAD programs.

Any ideas?

Thanks
James