Don D.

I see sears has a 6" variable speed grinder (#21152) in their craftsman
club flyer on sale for 63.00. Any takers having this one?

Just for ****s and giggles I did buy a motor from off a swamp cooler (evap
cooler) that can run a two speeds 1725 / 1140 RPM's, 1/2 hp, 8.4 amp, 60 hz.
The manufacture is A.O. Smith corp. frostline model. I will see what that
does stand alone or use it belt driven in an arbor. If not, junk it on this
project and use it when my cooler motor blows.

I will find something this week

I hate buy something and it is gutless.. I have the need for more POWER..
Home improvement is one of my shows... MORE POWER, ARE ARE ARE.

Thanks for all your input and keep it all coming.
Don D.

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
om...
How about a belt-driven arbor. For a 6" x 1/2" brush, use 1 hp or better.

"Don D." wrote in message
I have a 6", 3/4 hp bench grinder I bought when a tool truck came to town.
It is a good size, but no power.. JUNK to me.
Does HF, HD or Sears have a good grinder that can use a wire wheel with
out
bogging down?
What size, hp and amps would I look for that will not grunt or stop on
me...

TIA
Don D.