Dave Hinz

On 29 Jan 2005 18:02:17 -0800, wrote:

Unisaw A100 wrote:

This just in. St. Soozan informs me that the rumor is the
next Lowes is going in at a 124th. and Burleigh, where the
Briggs & Stratton plant *used* to be which puts them nearly
in Home Depot's front parking lot.

UA100, who hasn't been by to see the carnage at B&S yet...

I believe this rumor. In the paper today (or yesterday) was a picture
of the demolition of the B&S plant, with a caption about a "Big Box"
store in the works. Me, I try my best to stick to Elliot's. Just west
of 164 (fomerly J) on Capital. Best Hardware Store in the Land.
There's also one in Elm Grove, and at least one other...

The other one is on 109th and Oklahoma. I was at the Brookfield one
friday, and for the first time ever, they didn't have what I was
looking for (.27 caliber powder load gun loads - they have the .22 cal).

On a related note, you can use one of those to nail 2x4's into a
Spancrete ceiling. Something just odd about nailing into concrete
using gunpowder.