Brian Sharrock

"Stefek Zaba" wrote in message
Rod Hewitt wrote:
Has anyone else seen the article TO DIE FOR by Caroline Roux, The

Guardian
Weekend/January 29?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...399860,00.html

Sigh. I hadn't; but whoever NICEIC hired as a PR company has clearly
been doing an effective job... this reporter's been well-blinded with
Frightening Numbers, which as usual fail to distinguish between fixed
wiring and faulty appliances, and lives in the happy middle-class urban
bubble where regulation actually has an *effect*. Where's Brass Eye when
you need 'em? ;-)

Seems that Part P is starting to be mentioned in the more general media

at
last. Funny how little I noticed before in came into force.

Yes - the canapes-and-Krug from the PRs seem to have been extended to
the Archer's scriptwriter too: Mike Tucker's moaning on [nothing new
there] about how hard it is to get an electrician in for his new build,
as they're all so busy with work 'now that these new regulations have
come in'.

Well fancy that! Is the BCO based in Borchester? How long does
it take him/her to visit Ambridge ... ?

In the real world (or at least that portion of it that my matrix
settings allow me to perceive) the local electrical-contractor
has appended the slogan "Part P regulations compliant'
to the list of bullet-points on his window. Chatting to some
of his workers they opined;- 'We think it's all a tax scheme.
There's so much paperwork and certificates now so you can't
do the off-the-books-cash-only 'put in another outlet there'
job!' Gordon Brown will have better visibility of the jobbing
installer thanks to the emanations from the ODPM.

--

Brian