tom w

Default cat5 modules and faceplates

Thanks for all the replies. I've found and ordered 1-gang, 2-module MK
LogicPlus faceplates and Krone modules and adaptors from RS
(www.rs-components.co.uk). After a bit of research, I think these will all
be compatible each other, but you never know... The price still worked out
quite pricey - about £68 for 4 faceplates each with 2 RJ45 sockets (so
that's 8 ports in total), including the punch down tool and delivery - but
that's the price you pay if you want things to look right! (and it's a hell
of a lot cheaper than MK's own modular system at £13+VAT for a single RJ45
socket). Thanks for the advice, I'll be back on the thread if the bits don't
fit!

Tom

"Lobster" wrote in message
m...
(4-LOM) wrote in message

. com...
(Lurch) wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:43:27 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "tom w"
strung together this:

I've been trying to find a good online source of cat5

sockets/modules - I
really want to use MK faceplates so that they fit in with the look of

the
power sockets, but I'm not too keen to spend £15 each for the MK

modules -
I'm going to be fitting 6-8 of these and my budget is limited. Do

other
manufacturers make modules that fit, and if so where's the best place

buy? Online ordering would be ideal...

The modules will be a standard 25mm x 50mm. Any standard modular
sockets will fit the MK modular faceplate.

No-one's mentioned screwfix yet, so I'll have to.

Screwfix do standard CAT 5 stuff which is pretty cheap. The only thing
I couldn't get from them was an ISDN terminated RJ45 module. Can't
find them at CPC, Maplins, or any of my usual computer suppliers
either. They seem to be pretty rare these days as most ppl are either
still stuck on analogue dial up or have been lucky enough to get ADSL
or cable. Anyone got any ideas?

Try MK:
http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/products...2&rangeid=1060
or:
http://tinyurl.com/2vhry

I know all about MK modules now, as I've been trying to source their
one fitted with a TV coax socket, without success (see other thread!).
If you find a suitable supplier please let me know - maybe we can
split the minimum order charge or something!
David