Roger Grady

"Bill Becker" wrote:

Well my neighbor was having a yard sale and the next day he gave me all that
didn't
sell, well anyway I brought home a Sears RAS 12 inch, he said it ran, but
it didn't have a plug, so I put a plug on it, plugged it in and the motor
turns but only at a very slow speed, could it be possible that this saw is a
220 volt (I hooked it up to 110).

Nice neighbor!

Very possible that it's wired for 220. Slightly possible the motor is
binding, although it would have to be bound up pretty bad to only turn
slowly. I'd think there would also be a loud hum in that case and the
thermal cutout would trip pretty quickly.

Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model number
113.29501?

Can anyone explain the controls on the saw?

Explaining a RAS is a bit much for a Usenet post - whole books have
been written about them. And as someone else posted, there are a lot
of adjustments - you really need to do a bit of studying before
proceeding.

If this is supposed to be 220 volts can it be rewired to run on 110.

Almost certainly. Your model # is very close to my 10" (113.29401)-
probably the same vintage, doesn't mean the wiring is though. On mine,
there are instructions on changing the voltage right on the nameplate
on top of the motor.

If you can't find a manual I will copy mine for you for the cost of
copying (about 20 pages) and postage. There's a lot of basic
information in it that would be useful for any RAS.

Roger Grady
To reply by email, remove "qlfit." from address