Bubba

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 19:49:26 -0600, Doug Boulter
wrote:

wrote on 29 Jan 2005:

We will be building a new house in the next 3 months or so and I
need to pick out an HVAC system for heating, cooling, and
humidity control.

Much as it pains me to agree with Bubba (and it really does)...

It "pains" you because Im right. Just because I wont hold you , coddle
you and whisper sweet nothings in your ear. You get it straight from
me. You dont like it. Tough ****.

Most of the manufacturers really are making their equipment as
cheaply as they can. If you've picked a good HVAC contractor, that
person can steer you pretty well on what brands they're comfortable
working on. Remember, a lot of the problems will turn up in the
warranty period, and no HVAC person is getting rich on warranty
calls.

Be careful of contractors who offer only one brand (e.g. Lennox).
Lennox makes good stuff, but if you want to get it repaired, you'd
better be really happy with your Lennox dealer, as independent HVAC
shops pay through the nose for parts.

Wrong. Lennox makes **** and you the customer pays for there mistakes.
Dealer or no dealer there parts are ridiculous in price and you the
customer will pay for that.

What you will want to think about is the efficiency rating of your
heating and A/C systems and how long the payback is. That will
depend on your local climate, cost of fuel, and price difference in
the variously efficient models.

Contacting your local gas company and/or electrical company will
often yield you some very good advice on the efficiency issues.

Bubba