GFRfan

Bubba wrote:
On 30 Jan 2005 05:36:47 -0800, "Lesley" wrote:

Isn't that like asking the fox to recommend a type of lock to use for
the hen house doors?

Lesley

Yeah. How could an HVAC professional (who deals with heating systems
every day) possibly know more than the customer(who deals with heating
systems once every 5 to 20 years)?

As a long established HVAC contractor I can tell you that you need to
find a "good" company and then trust them. Personally, I think most
all of the equipment out there is crap. All the manufacturers suffer
the same problem. Get a product out there and build it as
inexpensively as you can. Sometimes, quality of that product suffers.

Good Luck,
Bubba

Most customers don't want quality. They want cheap. Seems people would
rather pay $500.00 every 5 years on a throw away system made from beer
cans, than $1000.00 every 20 years on a well engineered, well built
system. Cheap is what keeps bad companies and hacks in business.
The original poster has the right idea. Learn as much as you can
buuuuuuut, never discount the knowledge of an experienced professional.
Cheaper is NOT always better. Choose the wrong system in your house and
you WILL pay for it in other ways.
And Bubba is right. The BBB is not a reliable tool.