Joseph Meehan

Lesley wrote:
Isn't that like asking the fox to recommend a type of lock to use for
the hen house doors?

I only ask because I too will be making a choice this summer. I have
no central heating system in my house and after the winter is over and
I can think clearly, I will have a system installed in my house. No
way can I see letting the guy who is going to earn money from the job
make the decisions about what I should or shouldn't have. That is
just a blatant conflict of interest! The original poster asked the
same question I'm asking now--isn't there some industry standard
information sources that a person can read to learn about each choice
and make their own decision--at least about what TYPE of system to
put in (i.e., baseboard, radiant, forced air, etc.).??

Lesley

I can only say that it is going to be very difficult to equal the skill
of at good professional. A good professional will give you what you want
and need. On the other hand, even if you pick some very nice equipment out,
maybe even the right equipment for your needs, you are going to end up with
a second rate un-reliable system if it is not properly installed.

As I said a good pro will only sell you good equipment.

The trick, and it is a trick, is to find that good professional. They
are there. I have one I trust, I only hope he is still around in a few more
years when it is time to replace my current system. I found him on a small
issue that I called him in, when my AC will killed by lightning. His
knowledge and his response, saving me money without costing me in quality
proved him to me.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math