worldcitizen

Doug wrote:
m-error is a mechanical failure..
Usually it was a small clutch that the plastic broke.
The unit has two . one is part of the front loading and the other is
Its been 5 years since I work on one, Not a fun job.
I don't know even if the part is still available.

Ive worked on about 3 different units of that model and they all seem
to have the same problem. There is a slip clutch that is involved in
the loading of the CD into the play deck at the rear of the unit. When
it fails and you get the error message you can get it to load the CD
anyway by wiggling the carousel tray back and forth gently while it is
attempting to load the disk. It will go ahead and load and play the
disk but you may have the same problem all over again when it tries to
load the next disk. If anyone can tell me the part number for that
small slip clutch gear I would appreciate it. You see, I have one of
those sitting in my living room and it will fail from time to time. It
seems to be worse after the unit has warmed up a bit. I guess the
grease in the slip clutch gets less viscuos when it warms a bit. Good
luck and I hope I have helped some.