AAvK

Thanks. And, I s'pose I agree. But one initial bit of info I need(ed) is
why a low angle block plane versus a smoother versus a whatever? (For that
matter, viaduct?) Many people post here asking, "What kind of X tool
should I buy?" w/o saying what they want to do. While my original post
included lots of requirements for a book/video, frankly I could start with
a good link to an article on planes -- types & functions. As you state, I
do expect that the real learnin' will start with tool in hand, as Onan
discovered. -- Igor

You want to know what planes you would buy for whichever purpose??? Then
get that handplane book or ask that question directly as is.

BTW...incorrect on the "Onan thing" ha ha ha ... he disobayed God and "pulled out"
instead of getting her pregnant. Look it up.

--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com