jmiguez

No Jim, I do not have a graduated dial on my cross feed. I had to
laugh when you said, "you will be unable to=AD turn diameters to a
tolerance of better than about ten thousandths of an inch." If I can
do two to three hundreds of an inch tolerance I will be happy.

My lathe's spindle measured 1 3/8" by 10 TPI. I believe that too is
a non-standard thread. I have a 4 jaw chuck and have considered
getting a three jaw. However, I never see any adapter plates with 1
3/8" by 10 threads.

Thanks for the input on changing the screw and adding a graduated dial.
I have been thinking of maybe just having a new cross slide with
"T" slots made. If I do, I will follow your advice.

However, don't look for that to happen soon. I am busy with my T-38
simulator project. I could build and equip a workshop for what this
thing is costing.

John