Pete

Default Harbour Freight Quality comments cross post

My comments about Harbour Freight and their service, if it plugs in or has
moving parts look elseware . I bought one of their 2.5 Kw spot welders last
summer while on a trip south of the border , brought it home , put the plug
on it and tested it on three spot welds on 20 gauge body metal. Worked fine
so I put it away till the fall planning on using it for my 47 Dodge rod
project. Well the beautiful summer weather changed and it was time to start
the 47 Dodge project. The first spot weld went ok , the second one let
massive amounts of smoke and flame from the winding ( typically not a good
thing). No problem....Harbour Freight has a good service plan.....NOT. Six
unanswered emails explaining the problem all including the many other
complaints that are already posted on the internet as well as one hour on
hold to be told there will be no warrantee as well as we would rather NOT
DEAL with Canadians. I will pull it apart and rewind it. It was a good price
for a spot welder a very bad price for a boat anchor. Save you money and but
the HTP invertig and you will find out what international service really is
about.

Just my two cents worth to avoid others from becoming victims.

Pete

"Steve Taylor" wrote in message
Hi,
Whilst l;ooking at the little Plasma cutter mentioned in the recent
thread, I saw a very very cheap TIG set , for 200 USD, which, by the
time I shipped it back here to the UK, paidduty tax, shipping etc, would
still be less than half anything I've seen here.

Any comments on this as an entry level DC TIG ?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=91811

Run away screaming, or a decent deal ? BTW Can I use DC tig on stainless
steel ?

Thanks for your comments.

Steve